6.10.2008

And It All Falls Down...

You know, some of the book ideas that I have in my head might not be readily or welcomingly well recieved. Atleast, not in America...or the United States, because I can't account for Canada and the tastes of the Canadians (although, I wouldn't mind marrying one o.0) Anyway, what I mean to say is that there's an idea that's been knocking around in my head for a while, but I don't think people would take a shining to it because of its questionable nature.

Point of fact, I would be calling the Bible a liar.

Okay...not so much as a liar, just that what's in there wouldn't be the actual truth of things. Take for instance the first line that hit me while I was in the shower some time ago: 'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth and all that was in it. Six days it took him, six days, and then on the seventh, he rested. And never woke up.' Now, it's a good clincher, but I could see the proverbial Christian audience immediately taking offense and saying: 'ZOMG!!! Wut r u teeching our childz?' And then there'll be some Spanish Inquisition the likes of which JK Rowling never dreamed of.

Hypothetically, the book could sell, right? It would just be a twist and turn on the whole Bible and all of its...*gaspeth*...stories. I mean, certain things that happened in the Bible would still--for all intents and purposes--still have happened in my book's universe, they just wouldn't have been by God's hand because well...God would have still been sleeping and all the angels would hae just been following this MASTER PLAN that God, had laid out for existence.

Either way, it's just an idea.

*goes back to writing serious projects*

No comments: